Letus Helix Jr. 3 Axis Camera Stabilizer
The Letus Helix Jr. is one of today’s truly innovative camera gimbals. Every effort to reduce weight was taken, which is why it is made out of magnesium. Magnesium is 2/3rd’s lighter than aluminum, stronger and is better at absorbing vibration, making this gimbal perfect for aerial photography. Quickly convert from handheld to aerial mode in under 3 minutes. Unlike the majority of aerial gimbals on the market which are tied in to one specific camera, the Helix Jr. easily autotunes to balance a wide range of DSLR and mirror-less cameras like the Panasonic GH4, Sony A7s, or the Canon 5D Mark III. Re-balancing the Helix after a lens changes is simply a matter of sliding a single axis forward or back. You can be back up and running without missing a beat.
2 in stock
Helix Jr. is the super light weight and more compact version of the Letus Helix. with a payload of 7 lbs, the Helix Jr. is a perfect gimbal for wedding, event and doccumentary cinematography. Intuitive to use, eye level set up allows user to use the set up all day without killing one’s back. Using the same controller board as the regular Helix, one can be assured that the Helix Jr. will have the same quality of the regular Helix which has been used in many reputable production sets in since it’s been shipping. Combine the optical center with a joystick and you can create a unique dutch rolling shot that will give another dimension to your product. The sky is your limit in what you can do with the Helix Jr…. Wait!!! but the sky is NOT the limit. In under 3 minutes, you can convert the Helix Jr. from handheld mode into aerial mode and fly into that horizon.
The Helix Jr. comes with a 2600 mAh Li-ion battery and charger all assembled in a soft carrying bag. Hard custom foam cut carrying case is optional.
- Lightweight – the Only Gimbal on the market that uses Magnesium which is 2/3 the density of alumimun yet has better dampening properties.
- Optically Centered – Our patent pending design balances the camera on its optical center. This allows you to do nodal point rolls and greatly aids in image stabilization since the image sensor movement is reduced significantly compared to off-center stabilizers.
- Absurdly Fast Setup – Because we balance every thing around the optical center of the camera, setup is crazy fast. You can be up and running in a matter of minutes, not hours. Helix is designed to be a tool anyone can pick up and use easily.
- Balancing is a Breeze – Ask a traditional helicopter camera gimbal operator to change a lens mid shoot and watch them cringe. Not so with Helix. Re-balancing the Helix after a lens changes is simply a matter of sliding a single axis forward or back. You can be back up and running without missing a beat.
- Right Side Up – Other devices on the market are simply helicopter gimbals with a handle attached to the top. This upside down approach works great in the air but is awkward on the ground. We designed ours for “hands” not “helicopters”.
- Flat Bottom Design – Call us crazy but we don’t think you should have to carry around a special rig to hang your stabilizer up. You should be able to just set it down! Because we designed Helix from the ground up rather than the sky down, it has a flat bottom. Simply set it down and, viola, it sits there calmly waiting for the next shot.
- Quick conversion in under 3 minutes you can convert between handhel and aerial mode.